Student Scholarship Application ⊥ Scholarship Year Fall 2021-Spring 2022
The Student Scholarship Program, administered by the Texas Rural Water Foundation (TRWF), was established to recognize and assist qualified individuals in their pursuit of higher education and a potential career in the water and/or wastewater industry. The TRWF Student Scholarship Program is designed to help defray the costs of tuition, fees, books, and/or room and board. The number of annual scholarships awarded and the amount of each scholarship will be based upon the number of qualified applicants and the amount of funds in the TRWF Scholarship Fund for the academic school year 2021-2022. In the 2020-2021 award year, the Dwayne Jekel Recipient was $3,000. Four recipients were awarded $2,000, and five were awarded $1,000.
Texas Rural Water Foundation is proud to offer the 2021-2022 Dwayne Jekel Scholarship
Dwayne Jekel served on the Texas Rural Water Association Board of Directors for 30 years from 1982-2012 and was a water industry leader. Mr. Jekel was the owner and operator of D&L Service Company in Cameron, Texas.
Thanks to an endowment set up by Mr. Jekel's family, this scholarship will benefit students who are interested in the water and wastewater industry. Starting in 2019, one Dwayne Jekel scholarship will be given each year to the highest-scoring applicant to help cover the costs of tuition, books, and other school expenses. Selection is based on a combination of scores collected from the application and granted by the TRWF Board of Directors.
Dwayne Jekel's dedication to water and his community will never be forgotten. His legacy and mission will continue thanks to the generosity of his family.
TRWF Student Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
1. The total number of annual scholarships awarded and the amount of each scholarship will be based upon the number of qualified applicants, and the amount of funds in the TRWF Scholarship Fund for the academic school year 2021-2022. The Dwayne Jekel scholarship will be awarded to the highest-scoring applicant.
2. Student scholarship assistance will be paid in two installments: Half for the 2021 fall semester and half for the 2022 spring semester.
3. All scholarship funds will be issued directly to the applicant and not to the college, university or institution of higher learning.
4. All recipients of Student Scholarships will be required to provide TRWF with proof of full-time enrollment each semester for which the scholarship is awarded at an accredited institution of higher learning. Payment will be made immediately upon proof of enrollment. Scholarship recipients must submit all documentation for the fall 2021 semester no later than October 1, 2021, and all documentation for the spring 2022 semester no later than March 4, 2022.
5. To be eligible for a student scholarship, applicants must complete the enclosed application form in its entirety by completing all blanks and signing the certification statement.
6. A letter of recommendation from a water system is optional but encouraged.
7. All applications must be received at the TRWF office in Austin, TX by 5 p.m. on February 5, 2021.
Submit application by mail only:
|Texas Rural Water Foundation|
|Attn: Scholarship Committee|
|1616 Rio Grande|
|Austin, TX 78701-1122|